Friday, October 1, 2010

River Bank---Recollection - Of Time Pt.1

The Rappahannock River is a river in eastern Virginia, in the United States, approximately 195 miles (314 km) in length. It traverses the entire northern part of the state, from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the west, across the Piedmont, to the Chesapeake Bay, south of the Potomac River., passing through the city of Fredericksburg VA .
As a child growing up across the street from the Rappahannock  River...
This River became  my play ground.
This River is where I learned
to swim (or drown) where I use to fish until the sun went down and the moon rose like a big orange fiery ball in the sky. 
Once wadding through the River late in the evening with my homemade fishing pole in hand, not far from the River’s bank,
I came across a small group of rocks they appeared to be “Floating like leafs on a peaceful pond" I came back often to that spot it became my favorite fishing spot. I’d sit and sit until I heard the crickets and saw the flash of the lighting bugs .The River was always so clam and peaceful at night with only the stars to light up the water’s surface. 
  The river always followed me home ,through my bedroom window at night, I could hear the run of the river....
smell the fish,

 As the roar of the rapids

rocked me to sleep.


2 comments:

  1. Where did you find that pretty little Black & White Warbler?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you when I found him.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Comment